I am a passionate practitioner of web standards, responsive design and highly organised code. With every project I strive for excellence in both performance and usability.
See some examples of my work below.
Metcash is Australia's leading wholesale distribution and marketing company specialising in grocery, fresh produce, liquor, hardware and automotive parts and accessories.
Initial consultations with the client identified investors as the primary corporate website audience, so I focused the new design accordingly, while keeping to the company's "consumer-led" philosophy.
The scale of the company's national operation was highlighted through the use of full screen images and the visibility of key brand logos representing the main business divisions.
- Complete overhaul of web presence
- Integration of XML data feeds for financial information
- Focus on investors, while keeping to the company's 'consumer-led' philosophy.
- File archive system for PDF documents
- Customised WordPress back-end for ease of ongoing site management
- XML API
- Flexbox CSS layout module
- CSS3 animations
Taste operates three annual food & wine festivals: Taste of Sydney, Taste of Melbourne and Taste of Perth.
I developed sibling websites for the three events with a fresh, modern redesign within the brand guidelines. In addition to the fully responsive websites, I developed a micro site for a mobile version of their printed festival programme using jQuery Mobile. I worked with the client over a nine month period, refining each website to the specific needs of each event.
- Modern refresh of web presence within brand guidelines
- Mobile optimised micro site for the 'Menu Card' festival programme
- Social media integration
- Competition for voting mechanism
- HTML email templates
- jQuery Mobile
- HTML Email
Tim has been an invaluable asset to the Taste team since coming on board as our website developer. From rebuilding the entire website within our corporate brand guidelines, to providing advice and expertise on all things digital, we have found Tim great to work with, his service exceptional and we highly recommend working with him.
- Laura Arnold, Marketing Manager, Taste Festivals Australia
Vivien's are the world's second oldest modeling agency with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane & Perth.
I was contracted by a freelance graphic designer to develop a highly customised WordPress system for managing approximately 1000 models, each with multiple photo galleries. The main UI consists of a list view with 'infinite scroll' and thumbnail galleries which animated on hover. I developed a custom 'add to shortlist' feature for creating a list of models which can then be exported by email, PDF or print.
- List page with thumbnail image shuffle and infinite scroll content loading
- Ajax shortlist feature with session storage
- Selection export to email, PDF and print
- Advanced search by location and measurements
- Migration of model images and data
- HTML to PDF
- Infinite Scroll
The content migration involved approximately 40,000 images, all of which had to be associated with multiple galleries for each model entry in the new database.
Smooth TV is part of Foxtel's network of digital products.
I developed the supplied Photoshop mockup into a functional WordPress powered website with a fully responsive layout. I implemented a 7 day TV guide feature using the Foxtel JSON API and a daily horoscopes feature using a third party API.
- Custom WordPress template development from Photoshop mockup
- TV guide feature via JSON API
- Daily horoscopes feature via API
- JSON API
Tim is great to work with. He helped me flesh out my ideas, as well as adding his own design, UI and animation sense to deliver something that not only worked, but was a delight to use.
- Danny Yau, Foxtel
YQme is a web app startup for ordering coffee, food, etc with desktop and mobile versions.
I am the UI designer for the YQme mobile app team. I introduced jQuery Mobile for use as the app framework which dramatically accelerated development progress and I introduced Sass to vastly improve organisation of the CSS.
- Mobile user interface design
- Custom branded app design for merchants
- Wireframes & prototypes
- jQuery Mobile
- User Experience