- Open Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu, and select Account Settings...
- On the E-mail tab, click New...
- When prompted to Choose E-mail Service, select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, and click Next.
- In the Auto Account Setup window, fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:
- Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the "From" field of outgoing messages. (eg: Tim Holt)
- Email Address: Enter your full email address (eg: email@example.com)
- Password: Enter your email password.
Check the "Manually configure server settings" box and then click Next.
- Server Information:
Account Type: POP3
Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
- Logon Information:
Username: Enter your full email address (eg: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: enter your password again, if necessary
Then click the More Settings button, as shown below:
- Check the box for "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)"
- Type the number 587 into the Outgoing Server (SMTP) field
- Select TLS from the options for "Use the following type of encrypted connection"
Important note: please download the latest Outlook 2007 updates from Microsoft (click here) and install to ensure that your email works properly.